For those who are engaged in machining, to improve their working ability is important to learn CNC machine programming. In order to become a CNC master (metal cutting class), it takes at least 6 years from the graduation of the university. He must have both the theoretical level of the engineer and the practical experience and hands-on ability of the senior technician.
First need to be an excellent craftsman.
CNC machine integrates drilling, milling, boring, reaming, tapping and other processes. The technical literacy of the craftsman is very high. The CNC program is a process that uses computer language to embody the process. Process is the basis of programming. If you don’t understand the craft, you can’t call it programming.
Through long-term study and accumulation, the following technical standards and requirements need to be achieved:
- Familiar with the structure and process characteristics of drilling, milling, boring, grinding and planing machines.
- Familiar with the performance of processed materials.
- Solid knowledge of the basic theory of the tool, master the conventional cutting amount of the tool.
- Familiar with the company’s process specifications, guidelines and general requirements that can be achieved by various processes, and the process routes of conventional parts. Reasonable material consumption and working hours quota.
- Collect a certain amount of data on tools, machine tools, and machinery. Especially familiar with the tool system for CNC machine tools.
- Familiar with the selection and maintenance of coolant.
- Have a common sense understanding of related work types. For example: casting, electrical processing, heat treatment, etc.
- Have a good fixture base.
- Understand the assembly requirements and use requirements of the machined parts.
- Have a good measurement technology foundation.
At the same time, you need to be proficient in CNC programming and computer software applications.
Although there are dozens of programming instructions, various systems are similar. It usually takes 1-2 months to be very familiar. The automatic programming software is a bit more complicated and requires learning. But for people with a good CAD foundation, it is not difficult. In addition, if it is manual programming, the analytical geometry foundation should be familiar. In practice, the standard for a good program is:
- Easy to understand, organized.
- The fewer instructions in a program segment, the better. Simple, practical, and reliable.
- Easy to adjust. It is best not to change the program when the machining accuracy of the part needs to be fine-tuned. For example, if the tool wears out, to adjust it, just change the length and radius in the tool offset table.
- Easy to operate. The programming should be compiled according to the operating characteristics of the machine tool, which is beneficial for observation, inspection, measurement, safety, etc. For example, for the same part, the same processing content is processed separately in the vertical machining center and the horizontal machining center, and the procedure is definitely different. In mechanical processing, the easiest way is the best way.